Pool pumps with motors capacity that have 1 horsepower motor or greater are not available for use in residential pools in CA, AZ, FL, CT, RI, VT, and NY due to local and state regulations regarding energy efficiency (Title 20).
According to EPA ENERGY STAR® 3rd party test data, Hayward TriStar® VS variable speed pool pumps are the most energy efficient on the market. Designed for medium to large pools, they can save up to 90% on energy costs or as much as $1500 per year, compared with single speed pool pumps.
- Permanent magnet, totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor delivers maximum energy efficiency and reliability
- Exceptionally quiet compared to single speed pumps
- Fully programmable, touch pad control can be rotated to four different positions or mounted to the wall for more convenient access
- Universal compatibility: operates independently, with Hayward automation, or with competitive systems (via relay control)
- Extra-large basket design ensures easy leaf and debris removal and extends time between cleanings